2006 "Letters with Soul"- Misericordia

At the age of 16 I left Mallorca to go and study in England. I believe this has been one of the best decisions that I have made in my life. However, being away from family and friends was never easy.During the four years that I have been living in England I have had the chance to meet some amazing new people. It was particularly at boarding school where I discovered just how strong friendships can be. Friends may come and go but there are some that I will never forget (Claire, Beth, Danielle, Kat). The fact that I constantly fly from Mallorca to England means that wherever I am, there is always someone missing. This is how this exhibition has come about. I bought myself a little notebook and when I missed someone I wrote about what made them special and the reasons why they were so important to me.Every painting in this exhibition represents my feelings towards a person in particular and I used the first letter from their name to show this. By doing so I somehow felt closer to them while I was painting. Its my little way of showing them just how important they are to me and how they make me feel. (Rox)