2005 "Evolution" - Sant Antoniet Cloister

Lately young artists have tended towards abstract in their creations. Rox is an example of this tendency. Between the columns that for the egg shaped cloister of Sant Antoniet you can get a glimpse of the warm colours of the creations of the young artist. Her source of inspiration is nature. "I am interested in natural things, that is why I include sand in my painitngs", so the young nineteen year old explains. Rox spends a great part of her life in England but she takes advantage of her holidays to relax on the island. In this change of atmospheres is where the "evolution" of her paintings is created. "I look for the contrast between the tension of the red, which describes my stay in England, with the calmness of the sand which derives from my holidays in Palma", comments the young artist. Her paintings are oils on canvas, in which she introduces sand and rope to counteract the "movement" of her outlines. She admits that "before I used to plan my paintings with sketches but now I simply improvise". I put the canvas infront of me and I simply paint", she confeses. . (Ana Vega)